Friday, January 11, 2008

Not such a scardey cat afterall

I did it! Yesterday I attended my first yoga class (minus that time Kristin and I laughed our way through a class in college).
I was really nervous, as I always am when I try something new by myself. I never want to be "that girl". The one who is too prepared and has all the right gear, then doesn't have any clue what she is really doing. I was nervous about falling over, not breathing right, laughing out loud at the name of a pose, or any other tragic event that could have occurred over that one hour time frame. I tend to over think this kind of thing and think everyone is watching me, when in reality I am sure none of them even cared that I was there.
But, this story ends beautifully. Yoga was great, the teacher was nice to me, I didn't embarrass myself and I am sore as all get out today. Just what I was looking for. I think I might even subject myself again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

I'm proud of you Angel! Keep on facing those fears and figuring out that they aren't so bad after all!

Love you,

Mom