Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Break is O.V.E.R.

My wonderful winter break is coming to an end. On Monday I must return to the responsible working world, where I have to wake up before the sun, teach impressionable minds and hope that I am making a difference in the world.
But for today, I am trying to remember the joy that this break has brought and soak up the last day of it. So much has happened in two short weeks. It is amazing I got it all in. A few of the highlights include, friends getting engaged, meeting my unofficial niece Jamison, long dinners with family, traveling to see my dad, seeing ICE with my mom and grandmother, the adventure that was Trans-Siberian Orchestra, purchasing a new mattess (Alleluia!), my husband getting lasik, late night conversations with girl friends and catching up over hot chocolate.
I could write forever about the memories with each person that I made and all of the silly comments my Grandmother makes, but instead I will focus on the feeling that all of the moments have created. This feeling that I feel erupting today.
What I really love is that this year, this 2008, I feel hopeful, thankful sincere gratitude to the Lord. He has blessed me with so much and I feel like I am starting to see the world with changing eyes. I pray that this sturring continues.
2007 was a fabulous year. I feel like sometime during 2007 I became an adult although, adult is a label I am not convinced that I am ready for yet, but I feel certain that it is happening.I continued relationships with my amazing friends, who teach me to be a better friend and servant. I truly loved and felt loved.
On Monday, the "real world" will be knocking, but for today I want to sit outside and enjoy the warmth of a Texas January, laugh when the wind feels like it will blow me over, turn my heart towards the sun and celebrate the life He is showing me.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I have been waiting for your winter break posting and it is now here! Deeper than I expected but you never fail to amaze me. Love you so much, Mom

Shawna said...

You are so cute! I am glad to be apart of your blog! I love it and you are great at articulating how you feel! Must be the teacher in you! Or the old soul... xo! NA